Thursday, February 26, 2009
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
1. Squeeze the milk out of grated coconut.
2. Set milk in the refrigirator to allow seperation of
water from the cream of the coconut milk
3. Take the separated cream of the coconut milk and boil it.
When the coconut milk bubbles up, then lower the heat.
Stir occasionally for residue not to stick to the bottom of
4. When the coconut milk residue turns brown, the milk has
turned into oil.
5. Seperate the oil from the residue.
Crisco oil (for deep frying)
3/4 cup milk
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups flour
2 cups sugar
3 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a deep fryer or deep skillet, heat oil to 350 F or until hot.
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, and vanilla. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Add to egg mixture; stir until dry ingredients are moistened and dough is smooth.
4. Drop teaspoonfuls of dough into the hot oil; fry until golden brown and doughnuts rise to the surface.
5. Drain on paper towel lined plates and serve hot, but they are also good cooled down.