Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Crisco oil (for deep frying)
3/4 cup milk
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups flour
2 cups sugar
3 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a deep fryer or deep skillet, heat oil to 350 F or until hot.
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, and vanilla. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Add to egg mixture; stir until dry ingredients are moistened and dough is smooth.
4. Drop teaspoonfuls of dough into the hot oil; fry until golden brown and doughnuts rise to the surface.
5. Drain on paper towel lined plates and serve hot, but they are also good cooled down.